Southeast Asia and Australia look very pixelated. The dark "wheel" shows moirees. If there are such fine lines, you need to render premium with 36 or 64 rays per pixel to get rid of it. Otherwise, nice, a bit crowded.
Join Date: 06.04.2006 Comments: 2622
Seems we have stumbled into the image in the midst of a serious space battle for the future of the world!!!!!
I like the feeling of action and danger. As Horo observes, it is a bit crowded. But I think I can see what you are after here. Some suggestions:
1. Use a higher resolution Earth image. You can search online and find such things easily and download them for free. If we want the scene to have full impact, we need to believe this is really the planet Earth.
2. Do not use specular on the planet, from space, water specular is usually not so visible.
3. When you get around to the atmosphere of the planet, just keep in mind that from space the atmosphere appears paper thin.
4. Move the gas planet off into the distance. Space is about Space.
5. You need a much better star backdrop, play around with the tools int eh skylab a bit more, or look to download some backdrops.
6. Keep up with this sense of action and adventure. it is very awesome!